So I love online shopping.
There’s no crowds, no pushy sales ladies trying to convince you that those sparkly pleather pants really are the next biggest thing (but really), no awkwardly sitting in your car, following shoppers leaving so you can snag their parking spot before that mini van next to you does….game on.
But, there’s also no Nordtsrom’s Cafe! Which means there’s no Nordstrom’s Cherry Oatmeal Cookies to grab before making the long car ride home.
These cookies are delicious! Worth every bite and totally worth making the hike to the mall.
Nothing cures a shopping panic attack like the sweet chewy goodness of a chewy cherry oatmeal cookie.
I’ve been wanting to try to recreate these for a while now. These cookies have yummy crunchy oatmeal outsides with soft and chewy insides bursting with tart cherries and warm cinnamon. Mmmmmmm…..
Plus, these cookies are loaded with healthy whole grains and antioxidant rich cherries to fuel any shopping marathon.
Here’s your next excuse to hit the mall :)
Chewy Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; add brown sugar, stirring until smooth. Add sugar mixture to flour mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add cherries, vanilla, and egg; beat until combined. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool on pans 3 minutes or until almost firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.