Strawberry Thumbprint Cornbread Muffins

Omygoodness.

If you love to bake you need to grab a copy of The Sono Baking Company Cookbook. I’ve blogged a few posts already on their recipes and I swear every time I bake something new it becomes my new obsession.

….Melt-in-your mouth double chocolate cookies, rich fudgy chocolate chunk brownies, smooth chocolate cream pie, decadent caramel bread pudding….yum yum and more yum. I hope you renewed last years gym membership because you’re going to need it….

I’ve made these strawberry thumbprint cornbread muffins a few times already and each time I bake them its like I rediscovered some secret delicious recipe that I’ve never tried.

Ok, so if you’re still not sold and wondering who cares? This girl is a little nuts… It’s just cornbread. My boxed version takes about 60 seconds and tastes fine to me!

….it’s only because you don’t know what you’re missing. I was all about the boxed mix too until I made these. I never knew cornbread could be so moist, tender and rich. These aren’t the typical grainy dry cornbread muffins that we all eat and don’t really think twice about. This recipe lends its delicate and dreamy flavor and texture to a healthy dose of buttermilk, vegetable oil, and sour cream (there’s some recipes that are so good I can’t get myself to try and lighten them up! These are worth the splurge!).

Plus, these mix up in 1 bowl! These will take you 15 minutes. Maybe 30 seconds longer than the boxed version. My kind of recipe….!

These are such a treat that will spice up any weekday meal. We also ate them as breakfast in my house or a midday snack. I made half with the strawberry jam and the other half without. I liked them without the jam to serve with meals. We had ours with chili and it was the perfect combo!

One one more thing and then I’m going to stop swooning over these little muffins… these stay perfectly moist for at least 4-5 days. I’m not kidding. I made these for Super Bowl and we were eating them through the entire next week. They hold their moisture sooooo well, just keep in an airtight container and you’re good to go.

Enjoy!

Adapted from The Sono Baking Company Cookbook

Comments

1. These look so yummy! I have a work party on Friday and need to bring something. This is seriously an option! Looks delish!

xo.britt
    themagnoliapair.com

2. Oh these look wonderful! They totally look like cupcakes! I love cornbread with chili, it’s such a yummy meal. And I never thought of adding strawberry with them. Great idea!

3. What a delicious idea, Kristina! I could eat a dozen – yum!

Thanks Anna! I think I did eat a dozen!….I just kept grabbing one… then a couple hours later I’d grab another….

4. Delicious pairing of sweet and savory! Yummy!

5. Oh lovely and delicious!Love these cuties!

Thanks soni! You can make these even cuter and do mini muffins too (I did a pan of regular sized and a pan of mini)

6. Mmmm, the pairing of strawberries and cornbread sound delish for breakfast or a midday snack! You raved so much about this recipe that I bookmarked it and am soo tempted to try it this weekend :)

7. these are so pretty! and what a great idea – strawberries and corn aren’t one of those things you always think would “go” together, but they are delicious paired up! great post, thanks!

8. These sound delicious! Love the pairing of the cornbread with the strawberry jam!

Thanks Amy! The cornbread muffins are great just by themselves, but the strawberry jam really makes them special!

9. These look so cute! And yummy too! ^^

10. Oh, how I love a sweet, homemade cornbread! Mine is quite similar, but with the addition of sour cream and jam, you’ve made them even more wonderful! Lovely recipe!!! I must try these :)

11. I love a muffin that stays moist for days. The typical cornbread I make usually dries out pretty darn quickly.

12. I have never used cornmeal in a recipe but this looks amazinglly delicious – I love the jam popping out in the centre!
    Can’t wait to try it :D

13. Sorry sorry I didn’t mean cornmeal, I was thinking of it since I saw corn in the recipe – I feel like a klutzy typer :P
    Still savouring over these NON CORNMEAL delights :P

haha o no! I’m so glad you said that! I accidentally forgot to type “cornmeal” under the ingredient list…. oops! Just fixed it, thanks for catching that for me :) I really need to start proof reading my posts better….

14. So many good looking recipes! I love this one though. I’ve now got a serious hankering for some cornbread muffins! Especially with the artsy strawberry on top. I’m excited to see what else you come up with!

15. These muffins look amazing, truly proof that cornbread does not always have to be associated with savory! Years ago I went to a restaurant and just loved their sweet cornbread. I was shocked to find out it had yellow cake mix in it.
    Great idea adding the touch of raspberry jam on top-the perfect touch as far as I am concerned.

The jam on top really made these great, I’ve always had more savory cornbreads so this sweeter version was absolutely delicious!

16. Moist for days? I’m sold!

My kids love cornbread but I don’t like how dry they come out. thanks for posting.

Really! These stayed perfectly moist, I usually don’t like cornbread very much because of how dry it can get, but this recipe was absolutely delicious!

17. I love good homemade cornbread but would never have thought of the strawberry topping. Yum!

18. Hi Kristina, I love the idea of the thumbprint of jam. I’m afraid they wouldn’t last any time at all in my house – they’d be gone in minutes!

haha they went fast in my house too! I had to hide some of them so I could get a picture before everyone ate them all :)

19. I like corn muffins but sometimes they can be a little boring. Love the idea of adding the strawberry jam! Thanks for sharing.

20. hi I found you from the link on Purple Spoon! You have a great blog! I am from Chicago and I LOVE Lou Malnati’s Pizza!! Come visit me some time over at The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen!

Thanks Chandra! Lou Malnati’s is the best! Its hard to beat a good Chicago deep dish, I’m to check out your site!

21. What a cute idea to have a thumbprint muffin! :) Looks delicious and very pretty!

22. I don’t have that cookbook but I have made Barefoot Contessa corn muffins with jam. It does add a nice touch!