Berry-Papaya Power Parfaits with Maple-Cinnamon Granola

Happy Easter everyone! How was your weekends??

We went to an (AMAZING) Easter brunch today. It was like carb loading for a marathon. Unlimited waffles. French toast. Pancakes. And not like cafeteria style food, like really yummy restaurant food! Ok… now I’m not proud of the next thing I’m about to tell you….I may or may not have swiped a few easter eggs from the kids table. I mean, it was right next to the grown-up buffet so totally honest mistake, right?? I have a serious weakness for mini candy bars, for some magical reason I swear bite sized candy bars taste better than the king size. Either that or I like the idea that I can taste 5 different mini candies for the price of one..

Needless to say I am on a serious sugar detox at the moment. I never want to look at another chocolate bunny again. Or Reese’s egg. Or pink jelly bean (I only eat the pink ones).

(pre-sugar como after Easter Brunch! Here’s half my family, me with my mom and not-so-little younger brother!)

So for all of the rest of you who may have indulged a little too much in their kids/cousins/brothers/sisters Easter baskets… here’s a super healthy (super quick) breakfast recipe to kick-start your digestion and refuel your body after the holiday weekend!

This is my new favorite breakfast- I had it every morning last week (only minus the greek yogurt, I had soy bc I can’t have much dairy)! This Berry-Papaya Power Parfait is rich in antioxidants, fiber, and protein to keep you full and focused (Mini Wheats commercial anyone?), plus the enzymes in papaya are amazing for your digestion.

Without going into too much detail (or else you’ll probably lose your appetite before you even try this!) I have a long history of IBS symptoms, so papaya has become my best friend…One medium papaya has more fiber than a medium apple, plus unripe green papayas contain high levels of the digestive enzyme papain! Think happy gut!

Also, I don’t know about you all but the last thing I want to do in the morning is cook breakfast. The most I’ll do is pour water into my instant oatmeal and sometimes I don’t even have enough time for that! Soooo that’s the second reason these parfaits are my new best friend. You can make them ahead. Make a few of these Sunday night, cover in plastic wrap and throw in the frig… and voila! Gorgeous yummy breakfast to grab quick and go in the morning!

Cheers to happy tummy’s!

(and boo to chocolate bunnies and my little brother’s Easter basket)

Here’s two recipes… first is the Maple-Cinnamon Granola

and second are the Berry-Papaya Power Parfaits with Granola

Comments

1. This is a great way to start the day! The maple cinnamon really does go well with the fruit you have layered in there. Wish I had this in front of me right now. Delicious post!

2. Oh yum. This is my kind of breakfast. We opted out of Easter brunch out this year but it was a really hard decision. I also think the mini candies are the best, probably because I can have so many different options.

3. This is the first year I didn’t have any Reese eggs, it was a very sad Easter :P This granola looks so tasty, I’m gaga for granola :)

4. I would love nothing more than to start my day with this parfait. Love maple and LOVE Cinnamon! These look perfect Kristina.

Thanks! I’ve been spoiling myself all week having a good breakfast :) Sometimes its so nice to have a change from my usual oatmeal!

5. I love cinnamon granola! This looks so beautiful and delicious! And fabulous pictures!
    SO glad you had a great Easter! Happy Monday!

Thanks! I got all excited because I finally figured out how to use my depth of field better with my camera :)

6. this sounds like an awesome breakfast! i love granola!

7. One of the good things about Passover is the distinct lack of candy. So glad you had a good Easter–and that parfait is to die for!

8. This is truly gorgeous. I love parfaits like this. And maple cinnamon granola, well being a Canuck I’m all in on that one.

9. I need to get on the granola train! It just doesn’t happen enough for me! Are old fashioned rolled oats the same as steel-cut oats?
    I LOVE Greek yogurt with granola and some honey for breakfast, but I never thought about adding fruit! My new favourite!

10. That looks gorgeous! If I could get yummy yogurt here I would have breakfast parfaits every morning. But the yogurt is just so sour!! (p.s. I love your pink button-up in the photo!)

Hahah thanks! I’d been looking for the perfect excuse to wear a pink coat :) You might like this recipe then if your yogurt is so sour by you, I mix in honey and some lemon zest to sweeten it. I eat plain unsweetened soy yogurt (superrrr sour!) and then lemon and honey (plus make sure you take every bite with a piece of fruit haha!) makes it ok!

11. This looks so good…I wish I had some of it this morning for breakfast! It’s just the perfect combination! :-)

12. Mmm, looks like a great way to start the day – I utterly adore papaya, so I’d be all over this!

Ooo me too! I just got hooked got hooked on it a few months back and now I always have one cut up on in the fridge!

13. Sounds like you had loads of fun too eating and enjoying yourself. Your parfait look incredibly tasty..I could go for one right now to kill the cravings:)) Thank you for sharing and have a lovely week!

14. These parfaits look beautiful, so perfect for spring and summer!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I’m so excited to have found yours now! Like you, I’m totally into health food, but with an uncontrollable sweet tooth to keep happy…looking forward to your recipes :)

Thanks Anna! I love those Nutella crispy treats you made, I cannot wait to give them a try! So happy we both found each others blogs :) Lots of fun recipes to come!

15. Hi, Kristina. I’m stopping by to give you the versatile blogger award. I love your site and all of the yummy sweets you post. Thanks for sharing.

Omygosh thanks Jennie!! You just completely made my day!! You are too sweet :) I love your blog too!! So happy to be foodie friends!

1. [...] Whipped: Berry Papaya Power Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Granola [...]

2. [...] Quinoa Salad w/Roasted Tomatoes  Sweet Potato Tacos  Tempeh & Asparagus Stir Fry  Southwest Veggie Salad Roasted Salmon Summer Salad  Fish Tacos  Sun Dried Tomato Chickpea Slider with Avocado Spread  Berry Papaya Power Parfaits w/Maple Cinnamon Granola  [...]