Double Chocolate Bundt Cake

Dear Chocolate-

Please please please forgive me for completely ignoring you in my last post. Those Very Vanilla Vegan Cupcakes meant nothing to me… I swear. It was just a one night thing, I was confused…I thought I wanted vanilla…those little flag cupcake toppers were just too cute…it won’t happen again, I promise.  You can have the password to my myrecipes.com account, check my saved my recipes! I swear!

Don’t get me wrong – I love a good simple vanilla cupcake, or a summer fruit crisp, or tart lemon bars…or…My sweet tooth really doesn’t discriminate very much. It likes to get around.

But then every time I bite into a really  good chocolate dessert its like the stars all align and the world is right again.

I love chocolate. I don’t know who I’m kidding.

This bundt cake is delicious. Its super moist and decadent with a velvety smooth chocolatey texture and creamy sprinkles of chocolate chips.

It took me three chocolate bundt cake recipes to find this one and it was soooo worth the hunt. King Arthur Flour knows their stuff. The original recipe calls for pastry flour but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I checked three different grocery stores and there was no way I was making the 45 minute drive to Whole Foods so I combined some cake flour with whole wheat white. If you can get your hands on whole wheat pastry flour use it! I was a little apprehensive at first to use this recipe because of the mix of specialty flours I normally don’t keep at home – pastry and bread – but its definitely worth the run to the store. These flours mixed with the buttermilk and eggs give this cake the most incredibly moist and dense texture (think pound cake).

So let’s not make chocolate too jealous this week, put down that raspberry bar and take your spoon out of the vanilla ice cream….and enjoy some chocolate :)

Have a great week guys!

Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour

Comments

1. Oh my word. This looks absolutely divine!!!!

I hope chocolate doesn’t stay mad at you for too long.

Its definitely still mad. Its rebelling in my stomach at the moment…three pieces may have been a bit too much…..

2. That looks absolutely deliciously moist and chocolatey. Mmmm :-)

3. Mmmm, I love chocolate too. And this bundt cake looks sooo delicious and chocolatey!

4. I made chocolate bundt cake this weekend too. Mine did not turn out as pretty as yours. Chocolate desserts are always the ones I crave.

Hahaha glad we were both on the same page :) For some reason I was craving bundt cake this weekend, I didn’t even know people craved bundt cake??

5. Speaking of the different flours, I recently found out that in Canada they have cake pastry flour. It is one type of flour, they find it strange that we have both cake and pastry flour. Makes you wonder…
    Anyhow your cake looks delicious, bundt cakes are the best in delivering the richest cake. Which is why they do not need any icing. Yours looks like a winner-yum! A chocoholics dream.

I ended up making the trek to whole foods today and its so funny you said that about Canada because I asked a women about pastry flour while I was there and she was absolutely adamant that I only needed cake flour? I’ll have to experiment next time and see how it goes if I just do all cake instead

6. The moist nature of this chocolate cake is evident and staring at me in the face – you are too good my friend :D

7. unghhhh…..chocolate……

8. Looks absolutely delicious. I would love to try some.

9. Oh wow, this looks good!! That looks like the most perfectly chocolatey cake ever! It’s interesting you used bread flour for a recipe like this, I’d love to try that!

I was super curious too when I made these, I’d never baked a cake with bread flour? But it turned out amazing! It was the perfect texture!

10. I am actually not a chocolate person, but who could resist a cake that looks this moist? Also, I love vanilla baked goods, and those vegan cupcakes look worth taking a break from the chocolate recipes.

Hahah they were! I can hardly resist a chocolate dessert but those vanilla cupcakes were a welcome change :)

11. I feel that same way about chocolate. I like all desserts, but there is just something about a piece of chocolate cake!

12. There is never a time that I *don’t* crave chocolate, so this is utterly seductive. I looks so fantastically dark and moist.

Thanks Kiri! It was, its a super bold and moist chocolate flavor, and the chocolate chips give it such a delicious texture… I’m staring at the rest of the cake right now in my kitchen and trying to keep my fork out of it (its sill only like 8:45 am..) :)

13. Ooh, I cheated on chocolate this weekend with a cheesecake but that photo is making me rethink my straying ways! :)

14. I love bundt cakes and this one looks so rich and decadent. Congratulations on top 9 today! :)

15. You are right, this cake looks and tastes like chocolate pound cake, Yum!
    Congrats on the top 9!

16. Absolutely fantastic, congrats on Top 9!

17. Now you’ve made me crave chocolate too! This looks divine.

18. Wow. I want to try this recipe. Looks amazing.

19. Hi whipped Baking,

I don’t have whole wheat white flour or bread flour. Can I substitute with all purpose flour?

Thanks.

Hi Candice!

Yes you can definitely substitute all-purpose, just know that the texture will be pretty different than the original recipe, it’ll probably be a little less dense but still very yummy! Its all about the chocolate anyways :)

20. O my goodness, this is terrible for me to be looking at! lol – chocolate is my weakness as well :) I wonder how this would turn out with my gf flour hmm…

21. Eep! This makes my eyes pop out. Glorious naughty choco cake, darling!

22. Thanks for doing all the leg work and finding the perfect Bundt cake recipe for us!!! It looks so rich and amazing…yum, yum!

23. Ooooh!!! I am so craving for this right now , it looks really mouth watering , now I gotta get those flours and make this . Good one Kristina :) .

24. yay for chocolate! this sounds fabulous, we have a guest coming this weekend and i may need to make it this weekend!

25. This sounds great! I really need to invest in a bundt pan! And p.s. – you can make your own pastry flour any time by using a ratio of 60% cake flour and 40% bread flour =)

Thanks for the tip Peggy! I finally hunted down a bag of pastry flour, but for future recipes I”ll just do cake and bread! Much easier :)

26. Oh, my, looks delicious! I need to dust off my Bundt pan and make this! Thanks.

27. This looks awesome! I need to try it soon!