I”m home! I’m home! I’m home!
….And I’m ready to turn right back around :)
NYC was SO much fun! I don’t even know where to begin telling you about it!
How about Birthday Cake Truffles at Momofuku Milk Bar??
Tomato Focaccia at Eataly? Chocolate Souffles at The Little Owl??
At least 5lbs of peanut butter M&Ms at that ENORMOUS M&M store in Times Square. Don’t judge.
O wait… and what’s that Kristina?
Who did you see?
Is that… is that a blurry Nick Jonas??
Sam Champion’s butt??
Lara Spencer wondering why the hell you are taking her picture??
Yes. Yes.. and yes!
If you didn’t judge my peanut butter M&Ms go ahead and judge away all you want now. I was totally one of those people that woke up at 6am to sit out front of Good Morning America…and.. it was AWESOME.
I was front row – I was so close I could have plucked out Sam Champion’s grays without him ever knowing.
Did I not take the creepiest pics??
I’ve always been a huge GMA fan. My mom thought I was totally joking when I told her we were going to the show. She was so wrong. We were only two blocks from their studio, how could I not go??? Plus I got to see Nick Jonas?? I touched his shoulder and I could literally feel his body guard’s eyes piercing my skin ready to throw me across the street.
So totally successful trip!
My mom and I happily ate and drank our way through NYC and had an AMAZING time! I’m in absolute love with the culinary school I”m looking at. I seriously cannot wait to go! I’m about 99% positive I’m starting the first week in September…. ah!! I can’t believe I”m going to back to school again… and going back to a school where I get to do what I LOVE most! 8 hours a day learning all about healthy and sustainable cooking and nutrition?? Creating and experimenting in the kitchen all day long with awesome instructors and new foodie friends?? O wait… and in New York City?? This is like vacation or summer camp on steroids.
Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
- 2 tbs butter, plus 1 tbs, softened
- 6 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbs unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs egg substitute
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 full Graham Cracker sheets, crushed
- 1 jar Marshmallow cream, 7 ounces
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 8×8 inch baking ban with cooking spray.
- Beat 2 tablespoons butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in applesauce, vanilla, and egg substitute until combined.
- Combine, flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs.
- Press dough into bottom of pan to make an even layer.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave for 30-45 seconds, or until runny and drizzle over cooled graham cracker dough layer. Refrigerate 20 minutes, or until firm
- Spread marshmallow cream evenly over peanut butter layer (its easiest to drop spoonfuls evenly over peanut butter and then try and smooth).
- Heat chocolate and 1 tbs. butter in microwave until smooth and runny. Carefully drizzle over marshmallow cream layer and smooth with a rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until chocolate layer is hardened.
Let bars sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before cutting or else the chocolate layer will crack and you will not get even cut pieces.
*These babies are messy! Enjoy the same day for the best damage control. But if these are just for your own sticky fingers, enjoy 2-3 days in the refrigerator.