So I’m really excited about my garden! Check out my pics below. Everything’s planted, everything’s green (mostly green), one of my baby tomatoes is starting to ripen, and I feel a totally new and deep connection with nature. I walk around barefoot…wake up with the sun… only eat what I plant myself….
Just kidding. More like ruin my slippers watering my plants at 8 am after I stumble out of bed with coffee dripping down my face and pray that my little red pepper plant can withstand some unintentional tough love.
I ended up planting 3 different kinds of tomato plants, 2 basil plants, 1 thyme plant, 1 parsley, 2 peppers, 1 eggplant…. and a pumpkin! Only the spacing for the pumpkin said 3 meters and I’m giving it about 2 feet so fingers crossed for this one..let’s hope its a fighter.
My little cherry tomato plant! One of them started to turn red this morning, I was so excited! Maybe a little too excited, I watered the crap out of it…
And then I started to get really camera happy outside, it was a gorgeous evening yesterday and I couldn’t resist snapping some pretty pics in my backyard.
Sun setting on a wild raspberry bush.
So all all of this gardening has totally inspired me to cook up some… buffalo chicken meatballs… yikes! Or not..Sorry First Lady, no veggie salad this time.
I think its all of the sweating…raking… shoveling…it’s made me hungry this week. And when I get hungry I crave comfort food. Turkey burgers, french fries, ketchup…I love bbq season!
So these little Buffalo Chicken Mini Meatballs are the best of both worlds. They’re a fun and lighter way to indulge in buffalo chicken with all of the flavor and a lot more sass. How cute are these?? I think they’re perfect for a bbq party appetizer and they’re so simple and quick.
I saw the original recipe the other morning while I was working out watching Rachael Ray. I don’t usually cook her recipes, not for any particular reason, I just never really think of it. But these little babies jumped at me. I knew I had to recreate them asap!
So I did :) I loved these and so did all my guy friends! Just before careful, these will go quick!
Yields 40 (3/4 inch) mini meatballs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce or any other favorite hot sauce
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 celery stalk, minced
- 3/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat a 9 x 13- inch baking dish with vegetable oil
- Combine the butter and hot sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, whisking until the butter is melted and fully incorporated. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine the ground chicken, hot sauce mixture, egg, celery, bread crumbs, and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated.
- Roll the mixture into round, 3/4-inch balls, making sure to pack the meat firmly. I used a small ice-cream scoop to make sure I made even balls every time.
- Place the balls in the prepared baking dish, lining them up snugly and in even rows vertically and horizontally to form a grid. The meatballs should be touching one another.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are firm and cooked through. A meat thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball should read 165°F.
- Allow the meatballs to cool for 5 minutes in the baking dish before serving.
- Serve with ranch dressing.