Chocolate Mousse Pudding Pops

Hi guys!

Today’s post is really fun because its the first time I am participating in a blogging party!

Anna, from Crunchy Creamy Sweet  dreamed up the Blue Ribbon Challenge – the main idea is that every so often Anna will come up with a ‘theme’ (like brownies or cookies… etc.) and then all participants are challenged to come up with their own twist and post their creations on the same day.

So today’s ‘theme’ was mousse!

I happen to love mousse. But I also happen to seriously dislike making mousse.

Its a long process. You have to separate eggs… cook quickly over the stove… fold…fuss… and fold some more…

So my little twist is that this is the absolute simplest, quickest, chocolate mousse recipe.  And… I froze it into a creamy popsicle!

Ok so how excited are you now for a creamy.. dreamy… frosty chocolate mousse pudding pop??

Remember that feeling.

What I’m about to tell you might totally turn you off for about .02 seconds, but give it another 3 seconds, this mousse will blow your mind!

The secret ingredient to my mousse is avocado. And it works SO well. This is one of those times that I wish we had smell-o-vision/taste-o-vision and I could just hand you a bowl of of this stuff through my computer. You don’t taste the avocado at all, all it does is give the mousse the most fabulous creamy texture. Its so decadent you would have no idea there was no dairy in there.

So enjoy guys! And try and stay cool. The heat wave over the midwest is insane!

If you want more info on the Blue Ribbon Challenge check out Anna’s blog, Crunchy Creamy Sweet and join in!

Note  – I used store bought plastic popsicle molds for my picture above. I prefer using smaller dixie cups because they are easier to remove from the frozen mousse pops and I think they are a way better size. The larger molds are just too big. This mousse is very rich and decadent.

Nutrition (per pop); Calories: 152, Fat: 8 grams (heart healthy fat!)

Comments

1. OMG these look SO delicious!!!! I’ve heard about using avocado in mousse, and I bet it’s amazing! You should make me some of these when you move to NY :D

2. You know you’re a genius, right? I mean, absolutely guilt-free but oh-so-delicious mousse pops! (swoon) Thank you so much for participating, Kristina! xoxo

3. I’ve been seeing mousse with avocado lately. I just have to bite the bullet and try this! It looks amazing!!!

You should! It literally takes about 40 seconds in the food processor, nothing to lose :)

4. A blogging party?! How much fun is that?? I am totally digging these pudding pops. With a day as hot as it is today I could really use one!

SO hot! Its been crazy hot all week, those little pops wouldn’t make it 2 minutes outside without melting :) Going to hide in my air conditioning for next couple days!

5. Love the color and the fact that’s its healthy!!I have to try it soon for my kids :)Thanks for sharing :)

Aw fun! I hope you do! You could even sneak in some other fruit too, just sub in their favorite berries for the banana :)

6. Wow – I never would have guessed that avocado was the secret ingredient. These look fantastic!

Thanks Eva! I’d been wanting to try avocado mousse for a while now, so happy I did! I definitely still love traditional mousse :) But for a quick, weeknight kinda treat this was perfect!

7. These look absolutely amazing, what a great recipe!! :)

8. This is like a health bomb with chocolate coating :D
    It’s so delicious and creative!

Hahaha thats what I should’ve called these! My little vegan health bomb… all dressed up in chocolate :)

9. I love making mousse, but only if I have several free hours and lots of bowls available–it’s so much work! I think your vegan mousse pops look delicious and appropriate to the season.

I love eating traditional mousse :) I make it once every year on Christmas because my Grandpa’s favorite dessert is Julia Child’s chocolate mousse pie, very hard to beat!

10. ok now I’m curious!! I used to love jello pudding pops as a kid.

Haha me too! I was all about fudgsicles :) And I still sneak in a box every once in while at home….!

11. I love this idea! I would love to participate some time. Sounds really fun and the treats so amazing! I would eat about 10 of those pops!

You should!! Just hop over to Anna’s blog for all the info :) These pops were really good too! I’ve got one last one in the fridge waiting for me tonight…

12. Very interesting recipe. I have heard of using avocado in mousse before.

I’d been wanting to try it for a while now, its so simple I didn’t have much of an excuse not to! If you just want to try it too, just make half the recipe, I only used 1 avocado the first time just in case I didn’t like it :)

13. Avocado? Wow, wouldn`t have noticed i bet! I would totally give this a try, just because I wanna say I made something vegan! :D

Haha you wouldn’t! I swear! I gave it to my brother and he had no clue, I just should never had told him it had avocado in it because as soon as I did he looked horrifiedddd hahaha. He hates avocado but loved the mousse!

14. Wow this sounds delicious! What a fun blogging party! I only wish it exists in reality so that I can enjoy all kinds of mousse! ;-) I’ve seen avocado + chocolate mix. I haven’t tried it before now I’m curious!

Its so easy! And you literally don’t taste any of the avocado, just the yummy chocolate :) And a hint of banana, I love chocolate + banana, but if you just want a chocolate flavor lose the banana and decrease the cocoa by 1 tbs.!

15. Oh I want to try this out with the avocados. Super cute! Very clever with the ice cubes in the jar. You got the perfect picture before the drippiness set in.

Aw yay! I’m so happy you noticed that! It took me forever to get it to stand just right… :) Thanks Emily!

16. Oh yum, these sound so tasty! I’m obsessed with avocado right now, I’ve been adding it to most of my dishes for the past two weeks. So I can’t wait to try it out with a chocolate dessert! :)

Me too! I keep trying to come up with new recipes for the blog and every time I want to make something with avocado, I keep having to restrain myself :)

17. These look so good! I nominated you for the Illuminating Blogger Award in my most recent post! To accept check it out at http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/.

18. Its been in the 90’s here and I totally feel you on the heat wave. ugh! These pudding pops look amazing and I love that their vegan! What a delicious way to cool off this summer! I bet my daughters would love these. I’m totally bookmarking this recipe!

19. These pops look divine. Hmm, avocado- how clever! I bet it created a nice creamy, smooth texture. Looks absolutely delicious, Kristina.

20. Oh wow, they look great! Any way to sneak fruit or veg into a dessert is always good :)

21. This recipe is amazing. I need a pudding pop!!!!

22. perfect for right about now!

23. These look great! I’m intrigued by the avocado and banana! Sounds amazing. Have a wonderful 4th of July.

Thanks Monique! Hope you had a great 4th too :) They taste kind of like a super chocolately shake? With just a hint of banana? And really creamy!

24. Karyn Hendricks says:

Kristina, these look amazing and I love that you used avocado. I use them in salad dressings to make it creamy without mayo, but haven’t used them in desserts yet. Very creative!

Hi Karyn! How are you?? I haven’t used avocado in a dressing yet, need to try that! They work really well when you’re trying to get a creamy texture, and if you choose slightly under-ripe avocados their flavor is so mild that its very easy to dress them up with others :)