I just can’t do it guys.
Nope. No way. No how.
You can dress it up all you want… smother it in bbq sauce, hide it in a quesadilla, pound it into a burger….
Okkkk maybe mold it into a McNugget…
But I cannot eat chicken again this week. I have hit my poultry limit. Do you ever get like that??
I don’t eat red meat and I’m usually too lazy to defrost frozen fish so my weeknight meals usually revolve around chicken.
Which I honestly don’t mind most of the time…but today I do. I am avoiding that little package of chicken boobies like the plague.
And I”m so happy I did because I am obsessed with this salmon salad! Obsessed! This is going to be a weeknight staple from now on (or however long salmon stays on sale…) for sure. Like all of my favorite meals – this is so easy and quick to make. If I got a quarter for every I’ve used those two adjectives in my posts over the past couple weeks… I would probably have a dollar. Shoot.
But thats just because all I want this summer are simple, fast, and healthy recipes!
This salmon salad is 2 steps – roast salmon in oven and whisk together dressing… Ooo the dressing! I love this dressing. Its a red-wine vinegar dressing mixed with salty capers and sweet red onions. Those flavors mixed with the buttery roasted salmon and soft bitter mixed greens is delish!
– And for those of you that don’t like capers; neither do I. Hate them. Love this dressing. For some magical reason this just totally works.
Roasted Salmon Summer Salad with Capers and Sweet Red Onion
- 4 – 6 ounce skinless boneless salmon fillets
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped capers (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place salmon on a cookie sheet coated with olive oil cooking spray and then spray salmon with additional cooking spray. Roast 10 minutes or until desired doneness (the salmon is done when you can flake it very easily and the center is no longer translucent). Flake salmon and set aside.
- Combine red onion, red-wine vinegar, capers, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together the dressing, salmon, and mixed greens.