Roasted Salmon Summer Salad with Capers and Sweet Red Onion

I just can’t do it guys.

Nope. No way. No how.

You can dress it up all you want… smother it in bbq sauce, hide it in a quesadilla, pound it into a burger….

Okkkk maybe mold it into a McNugget…

But I cannot eat chicken again this week. I have hit my poultry limit. Do you ever get like that??

I don’t eat red meat and I’m usually too lazy to defrost frozen fish so my weeknight meals usually revolve around chicken.

Which I honestly don’t mind most of the time…but today I do. I am avoiding that little package of chicken boobies like the plague.

And I”m so happy I did because I am obsessed with this salmon salad! Obsessed! This is going to be a weeknight staple from now on (or however long salmon stays on sale…) for sure. Like all of my favorite meals – this is so easy and quick to make. If I got a quarter for every I’ve used those two adjectives in my posts over the past couple weeks… I would probably have a dollar. Shoot.

But thats just because all I want this summer are simple, fast, and healthy recipes!

This salmon salad is 2 steps – roast salmon in oven and whisk together dressing… Ooo the dressing! I love this dressing. Its a red-wine vinegar dressing mixed with salty capers and sweet red onions. Those flavors mixed with the buttery roasted salmon and soft bitter mixed greens is delish!

– And for those of you that don’t like capers; neither do I. Hate them. Love this dressing. For some magical reason this just totally works.

Recipe adapted from Everyday Food Light

Comments

1. I could live off this, too! What an amazing salad…I’ll have to check for a salmon sale :)

You should! I’m hoping its still on sale next week, I love having fresh fish!

2. This looks SO delicious! And I love capers!

3. Oh girl, this looks so good! I think I might even have some salmon hanging out in my freezer that I need to eat and was wondering what to do with…I was also totally stumped as to what to do for dinner this weekend when I know I am going to want something quick and easy! I am definitely going to have to give this a try. And I love that, since it’s a salad, Boyfriend and I can put whatever we each want on our own (since he loves olives and I can’t live my life without tomatoes)….

Thanks for the idea!

(and yes, I hit my chicken limit, too, at times. you’re not the only one)

Ooo olives would be so good in this! I’m totally trying that next time :) I’m just bummed I don’t have more leftovers for tonight! Guess I’m going out then…. :) Have a great weekend girl!

4. I’ve had to eat salmon every single day as part of the plan my nutritionist gave me, and I haven’t yet gotten bored of it! This is a great simple and easy way to have a healthy and yummy salad. Bookmarked to try some time. Thanks for sharing! Buzzed ya =]

Haha o-my, thats a lot of salmon! I could totally do that too :) I just started really loving salmon, and now I can’t get enough!

5. Yep, this sounds like a keeper! I can’t imagine changing this recipe in the slightest…. perfect for Summer!

Thanks Tiffany! :) This is definitely a new favorite! Really upset I gave away my leftovers now…..!

6. I think this beautifully fishy salad must make quite the welcome change from chicken my friend :D

CCU

7. I am not a big fish person or a capers person yet, this salad still looks delicious! Salmon is one of the few fish I will eat on occasion and I think the next time I do, it needs to be in this salad! I guess I’ll have to take your word on the capers :p

Haha I swear, I’m not a caper person either… like I avoid them at all costs, but for some reason this is soooo good!

8. Salmon=amazing. Love this salad!

9. Confession–I don’t like fish. However–Michael LOVES it! He’d totally be up for this salad :) This is why he can’t wait for you to move here, he’s like “Kristina can make me the stuff that you don’t like” lol

• Sorry that apparently I’ve volunteered you to feed my boyfriend :P It’s totally optional, I promise! :D

Haha omg I totally will! If I tried cooking salmon for my guy friends back home they would look at me like I was joking…. its burger burger burgers here… :)

P.S. Just talked to my culinary school today and they said they were sending out the acceptances in a couple weeks…..!!!!

10. This salad sounds amazing! And I’m not a caper lover – but I’m willing to give this dressing a try too =)

Haha I promise! This is totally not overly ‘caper-ish’ at all, its really good!

11. sounds like the perfect summer dish! I am not a huge fan of fish, but this seems perfect way to gradually work my way into it!

For sure! Just hide it under a couple lettuce leaves and you’ll have no idea :)

12. I’m so with you–I can’t eat any more chicken this week! Your salad looks so delicious, and it’s perfect for Alaskan salmon season.

I know! I wish it was always salmon season :) I tried buying some halibut out of season a couple weeks back.. and yikes!

13. I recently discovered that I actually do like salmon. LOL. I thought I didn`t, but I do. I love smoked salmon! ♥ So this salad sounds oh-so good right now! Especially since it`s quick and simple!

Haha ok keep a secret? Me too… I kind of hated salmon up until this year… :) But now I love it! And this salad was so perfect with it!

14. I don’t eat salmon enough! I’m with you on being chickened out… its ALWAYS my go to meat… What a tasty way to get some salmon into my diet =)

Haha thanks Lauren! I know, chicken is such an easy go-to! We just need to break away… sometimes :)

15. Oh I love salmon! And yes, I get burned out on chicken and ither meats. But sea food is such a nice change when that happens. This looks so amazing, especially with the capers!! Thanks for sharing!

So true! Fish is such a nice change from chicken, especially salmon :) Glad you like this one!!

16. Oh I would like an invite for dinner tonight. This looks incredible, Kristina! And I totally agree with you, no more chicken!

Haha you are always invited! As long as you bring a muffin basket from your monday muffins…! Chocolate chip please :)

17. that is one amazing salad Kristina! such a great blend of flavors!

Thanks! Its definitely a new favorite, I’ve already made it again since my last post :)

18. We too get sick of chicken sometimes. That’s when pork comes in :) Salmon – I wish we ate more of it. I love it the most of all fish! Your salad looks amazing, Kristina! Love the dressing!

Haha true, there’s always pork too :) I haven’t pork in years though… honestly I really think years? yikes. Maybe i’ll jump on the pork bandwagon next!

19. Fun! I make a similar salad with arugula and shaved parm, yum!

Arugula would be great with this! I was really close to throwing some in but I had a big bag of mixed greens that I wanted to use up :) Love the parm idea!

1. […] Roasted Salmon Salad with Capers and Sweet Red Onions from Whipped […]

2. […]   Sweet Potato Tacos    Tempeh & Asparagus Stir Fry    Southwest Veggie Salad   Roasted Salmon Summer Salad    Fish Tacos    Sun Dried Tomato Chickpea Slider with Avocado Spread    Berry Papaya Power […]