Red, White, and Blue-Berry Shortcake Cupcakes

Happy 4th of July weekend…..ish!

Chicago fireworks are on the 4th but my hometown’s are this Sunday (very excited!), so that means an extra day of beer, bbq, and burning yourself on sparklers…and…in that order.

But this weekend is even more special because today I am guest posting for one of my very best foodie friend’s, Kayle, from The Cooking Actress!!

Its no secret I’m kind of obsessed with her. She is the absolute sweetest girl ever and SO funny. I can wonder down to my laptop, eyes half-shut in the morning, super crabby that my dream about Ryan Gosling never happened… and will just die laughing at her posts! So needless to say I was super excited when she asked me to guest post for her while she is out of town!

With the 4th coming up I knew I wanted it to be something festive and fun!

These Red, White, and Blue-Berry Shortcake Cupcakes seemed perfect! I thought they were too cute for the 4th! Strawberry shortcake is such a traditional 4th of July treat so I wanted to play with it a bit and give it a more modern twist – and voila! Shortcake cupcakes!

So go go go and say hi to my bestie over at The Cooking Actress and check out my cupcake recipe!

Comments

1. Have I mentioned that I love you? Cuz I do :D Thank you soooo much for guest posting for me!

Also-my condolences on the un-realness of your Ryan Gosling dreams. That is a grievous loss.

2. These are so patriotic! I love how beautiful they turned out!

Thanks Eva! I couldn’t resist doing something red, white, and blue :) And can never resist making a cupcake….!

3. Oh these are so perfect for the 4th of July! Off to check out your post for Kayle! :)

4. I love these! So festive for the 4th!

5. What a cute cupcake just in time for 4th of July! I’m heading over to Kayle’s blog. :-)

6. These look so patriotic and beautiful my friend! Off to check them out now :D

7. Hi Kristina, you have a great cooking blog and wanted you to know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. Check it out at http://www.carolinagirlcooks.com. Cheers! Jennifer

Thanks so much Jennifer!! I’m so flattered! Off to see you at your blog :) Have a great 4th!

8. Just saw this over at Kayle’s site … Great Job! … Hope this comment goes through :-)

YAY!! Your comment went through!! Haha what’d u do different? I’m so happy it worked this time!

9. These cupcakes are ace! What a brilliant way to celebrate the 4th!

I’m reading about the heatwave in Chicago right now…i hope you’re staying cool!

Oh, and did you see that Mr. Gosling is being considered for the 50 Shades of Grey movie? Your dreams could become a reality! At least on the big screen ;)

Hahah I did! The movie producers need to lock that down. Naked ryan gosling?? For $8? umm…yes please!

10. Ahhh so pretty! A brilliant recipe for a guest post :D

11. How fun I just posted a shortcake recipe today that looks similar for the holiday!

Yum!! I just saw them :) They look awesome! Shortcakes are always so perfect of the 4th, hope you had a great holiday!!

12. I`m totally loving these cupcakes.
    & LOL at your ryan gosling dream. I know how you feel. He was too gorgeous in Crazy, Stupid Love

13. I saw these over on Kayle’s blog–all I can say is wow, these look delicious and festive!

14. First…those cupcake shortcakes ARE THE CUTEST THINGS I’VE EVER SEEN.

Second…thanks for the sweet comment on my post today. =)

Third…wait…are you in the Chicago area?!?! If you’re anywhere CLOSE I think maybe we have to meet in person sometime. Just saying. (I hope that doesn’t make me a creepy weirdo?)

YES! I don’t know how we didn’t put this together yet?? Haha lets totally have a creepy foodie date! I’m e-mailing you….. now!

15. Perfect for 4th of July