Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Blondies

God Bless America. Peanut Butter. M&Ms. And pretzels.

And any excuse to eat them together.

Happy 4th of July guys! I know the real 4th is on Wednesday, but my city did all of their fireworks, parades, and parties this weekend which is awesome but also kinda strange? Because now we’re all wondering what we’re going to do on that actual 4th..?

Drink more beer? Watch more fireworks?? Chow down on some more buffalo wings?? Ugh.. if I have to…..

Fireworks over the lake!

So I’m really excited about today’s recipe! Its everything your inner child has ever craved mashed into an irresistibly yummy bar… Super kid-friendly and easy to make – these are perfect for the 4th!

When I was in high school my favorite snack was dipping pretzels in peanut butter and then smushing M&Ms all over them. And shoving them in my face.

It would drive my mom nuts because she’d go to make my little brother a pbj sandwich the next morning and there’d be bits of salt and chocolate smeared all over the Skippy Jar. That and oreo crumbs – I got that one from the Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan, remember?? I also used to make tomato and mayo sandwiches because that’s what Harriet did in Harriet the Spy….

Totally unimpressionable 15 year old.  Thank God she didn’t dunk butter in crisco or else we might have had a problem.

So these bars are a mash-up of everything I loved as a kid and everything I obsess over now (some things never change!). These peanut butter blondies are super soft and moist, loaded with rich chocolate chips and M&Ms, and then sprinkled in even more crushed M&Ms and pretzels.

I hope you all have a fabulous 4th!!

recipe adapted from The Cooking Channel

Comments

1. Wow, these look delicious! I love how colorful they look. What a happy 4th of July treat! Hope you have a great holiday!

2. Just the title made my mouth start watering! looks absolutely delish, may have to take it to our 4th of july picnic :)

Haha thanks Kait! Let me know if you try them :) I love sweet and salty pb with chocolate, its addicting!

3. My peanut-butter loving husband would adore these!

4. Haha loved your opening! These look so delicious and fun! (btw your site looks great!!)

5. For a second, I thought these had crushed toffee bits on top too–they have enough goodness going on already, but I might have to add them!

Oooo I LOVE that idea! That would be so good on top! These are pretty much kitchen sink blondies, you can throw in whatever you like :)

6. Halleluiah! I will thank god bless America and these blondies.

7. umm these bars look like amazingness….I love mixing pretzels with pb and chocolate…could there be anything better? pshh kid friendly…how about 20 something female friendly?

Fireworks over the lake are the best…that’s what I am doing this year :)

8. HAPPY 4TH!! :D

OMG, i totally got the oreos and peanut butter thing from Parent Trap as well. Oh…how silly we are when we`re kids! LOL. These look so soooo good! Love everything in it!

9. I LOVE PUTTING PB ON MY OREOS TOO! I watched the Parent Trap and was like…hmmm. Then I tried it and never looked back :D This bars look delish! I hope you have an amazinggg 4th!

10. Haha, you’re hilarious! This post made me smile all the way through. Especially the recipe part…goodness gracious those bars look amazing. Count me in!

11. Happy 4th of July! These blondies look like the perfect way to celebrate the holiday! Plus who can resist M&Ms??

Haha not me….! I bought the huge “XXL” bag of M&Ms for these… huge mistake. I’ve been eating them with every meal. I think its actually impossible to get sick of m&ms?? Hope you had a great 4th too!!

12. Happy 4th my friend :D
    LOVE THE FIREWORKS!
    And gorgeous recipe to celebrate with!

13. Wow … these look great & oh so american :)

Haha thank CJ! Originally I wanted to just do red white and blue m&ms but I got too lazy to pick them all out of the bag… :) Would’ve been even more American!

14. these look so completely amazing – i’m in awe :)

15. Love the idea of pretzels and M&Ms on top of these delish blondies!

Thanks! I loved the salty pretzel crunch with the pb and chocolate. And they stayed surprisingly crunchy out of the oven too, I got a worried that they might get a little soft, but they worked perfectly!

16. Oh, YUM!!! You’ve just inspired me to pull out the butter to soften and hunt for the M & Ms in the pantry!

Hahah aw you just made me so happy! Its hard to resist any excuse to bake with M&Ms, I get through half the bag myself before I even add them to batter :)

17. wonderful blog starting ad quick recipe indeed.

18. Hope you had a wonderful July 4th celebration (and with these delicious blondies of course!). Our city (SF) celebrated on the 4th, and it was so cold (52F) to watch fireworks. Brrr… only wish I have these blondies to keep me warm. =) Have a nice weekend!

Haha total opposite of Chicago! My car said 105 yesterday… yuck! Its been crazy hot here, finally supposed to cool off a bit though next week, can’t wait :) Hope you had a great 4th too!

19. Kristina, you really know how to make a girl drool. God bless you for taking all of my favorite things and baking them into one delicious treat. They look scrumptious. And, I totally loved the Parent Trap as a kid.

Hahah thanks :) And.. thanks! Parent trap was the best. I think I liked it so much because I always wanted a sister and I was super jealous of Lindsay.. and I got 2 brothers.

20. Have you had pretzel m&m’s yet? If not, go to the store now and buy them. You will fall in love. All my favorite things in a blondie. There really could be nothing better!

Haha umm…no! Where are these?? They sound AMAZING. I’ve got to run to the grocery store today, totally hunting those down! I just discovered the Mint ones at Bed Bath and Beyond (yes..I can never resist the candy at the check-out) and they are sooo good too!

21. You pretty much had me at peanut butter and pretzels! :)

22. Ummm since you’re my bestie and stuff, I nominated you for The Addictive Blog Award: http://cookingactress.blogspot.com/2012/07/something-saturdays.html

Umm… well… since you’re my bestie and stuff… I’m nominating you right back.. :)

Haha thanks Kayle!! I’ve never seen that award, you’re the sweetest!! P.S. my NYC acceptance should be coming next week….fingers crossed for me.. like all week! Do not un-cross ever!

23. Hope your 4th was fun! Ours would have been a lot better with these present =)

24. I enjoyed this post. Your Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Blondies is interesting. I worked 3 years for a sorority in Stanford. We had stocked everything ingredients as girls’ snack. They were crazy about my chocolate chip cookies, brownie, apple pie with french vanilla ice cream…. in fact everything sweet. But If I knew this Blondies and made it, they would go farther crazy about new sweet and I bet they loved me more.

Haha aw thanks! Wish I would’ve had you in my sorority! We all would’ve killed for some fresh apple pie :)

25. My mum has been asking me for something salty and sweet ever since I made my peanut butter rice crispy bars – and this may just be the answer!

Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could find yours!

Aw thanks Kristy! I adore your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine too :) And I hope your mom likes these! I just made them again last night for an office party only I left off the pretzels (they can get kinda messy), I love these!

26. Oh my gosh these look incredible!!

27. These look wonderful – I’m putting the ingredients on my shopping list to bake TOMORROW!!! YUM!

Aw that makes me so happy to hear! Thanks Anne! I made these twice this week :) Let me know how you like them!

28. Blondies are my favorite! These look so fun and seem like the perfect hint of salt. I really want to try this recipe!

29. Thanks for one’s marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great
    author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will often come back in the foreseeable future.
    I want to encourage yourself to continue
    your great work, have a nice morning!

1. [...] Kristina is sharing her Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Bars (say that three times [...]

2. […] [Whipped Baking] Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Blondies Current […]