Are you all ready for my big news??
Whipped has seen some fun changes over the past couple months but this has to be my very favorite!
Over the past couple months I’ve been having so much fun expanding my blog beyond just healthy baking and into all kinds of cooking. It feels good to eat good, and it feels even better to share my healthier recipes with all of you! That’s why the new change is taking my healthy cooking one (delicious!) step further.
We all know the basics of healthy eating… make half your grains whole, load up on fruits and veggies… eat more lean meat, less red; exercise… drink water…. pick up the turkey sandwich… put down the Big Mac!
But what about picking foods for stronger hair? Better eyesight? What should I eat Sunday morning….after the 4am pizza and cocktails…
I want to know what meal I should make on Tuesday morning when I have a gigantic presentation to give at 10 am!
That’s why I am teaming up with a registered dietitian, and one of my very best friends, Ashley to help me figure out the fun in nutrition and put a stop to my webMD obsession.
So how’s it going to work?
Ashley is going to be an occasional guest contributor, helping give me the science behind my recipe choices to bump up the nutrition power! I’m still writing Whipped the same way I always have, only now I’ll have a registered dietitian to consult with over my recipes before I post and share with you all!
And why is this fun for me?? (the reader!)
Because I want you guys to help me pick the topics!
Are you craving pizza and want a great lightened up recipe?
Do you feel like you are always getting a cold? Want to know what you can you eat to help?
I think it would be so fun if you guys helped me drive the recipes I come up with! E-mail me, comment, tweet… Facebook…. I’m always here!
So please, meet Ashley, RD LDN!
She is the new ying to my yang… apple sauce to my butter…. whole wheat to my Wonder Bread….. dietitian to my serious sweet tooth.
Ashley went to the University of Illinois with me and we were both part of the same sorority. While I was cramming for Political Science exams she was acing Dietetics. She’s one of the absolute funniest, sweetest, smartest girls I’ve ever met and I cannot wait for you all to get as big of a girl crush on her as me!
U of I graduation!
So I know this post has gotten kind of out of control long but I still want to share this Double Chocolate Raspberry Brownie recipe with you! You are going to LOVE these. Rich, decadent, super chocolately, with just the right amount of sweetness from the raspberries…. yum!! The absolute perfect way to celebrate a new chapter in Whipped!
Yields 16 (2-inch) brownies
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and coat an 8×8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large heat-safe bowl melt chocolates in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes, stopping to stir with a rubber spatula every 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Add oil, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring briskly until each is incorporated.
- Add flour and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Carefully drop raspberry jam in tiny spoonfuls over batter and using a knife, cut in jam to marble.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out almost clean, with most crumbs.
- Cool completely before cutting.