Double Chocolate Raspberry Brownies and My Big News!

Are you all ready for my big news??

Whipped has seen some fun changes over the past couple months but this has to be my very favorite!

Over the past couple months I’ve been having so much fun expanding my blog beyond just healthy baking and into all kinds of cooking. It feels good to eat good, and it feels even better to share my healthier recipes with all of you! That’s why the new change is taking my healthy cooking one (delicious!) step further.

We all know the basics of healthy eating… make half your grains whole, load up on fruits and veggies… eat more lean meat, less red; exercise… drink water…. pick up the turkey sandwich… put down the Big Mac!

But what about picking foods for stronger hair? Better eyesight? What should I eat Sunday morning….after the 4am pizza and cocktails…

I want to know what meal I should make on Tuesday morning when I have a gigantic presentation to give at 10 am!

That’s why I am teaming up with a registered dietitian, and one of my very best friends, Ashley to help me figure out the fun in nutrition and put a stop to my webMD obsession.

So how’s it going to work?

Ashley is going to be an occasional guest contributor, helping give me the science behind my recipe choices to bump up the nutrition power! I’m still writing Whipped the same way I always have, only now I’ll have a registered dietitian to consult with over my recipes before I post and share with you all!

And why is this fun for me?? (the reader!)

Because I want you guys to help me pick the topics!

Are you craving pizza and want a great lightened up recipe?

Do you feel like you are always getting a cold? Want to know what you can you eat to help?

I think it would be so fun if you guys helped me drive the recipes I come up with! E-mail me, comment, tweet… Facebook…. I’m always here!

So please, meet Ashley, RD LDN!

She is the new ying to my yang… apple sauce to my butter…. whole wheat to my Wonder Bread….. dietitian to my serious sweet tooth.

Ashley went to the University of Illinois with me and we were both part of the same sorority. While I was cramming for Political Science exams she was acing Dietetics. She’s one of the absolute funniest, sweetest, smartest girls I’ve ever met and I cannot wait for you all to get as big of a girl crush on her as me!

U of I graduation!

So I know this post has gotten kind of out of control long but I still want to share this Double Chocolate Raspberry Brownie recipe with you! You are going to LOVE these. Rich, decadent, super chocolately, with just the right amount of sweetness from the raspberries…. yum!! The absolute perfect way to celebrate a new chapter in Whipped!

Have a great week guys and I can’t wait to hear all your feedback!!

Comments

1. Lisa Derus says:

Exciting!! Can’t wait to see what you ladies WHIP up!!

Yay!! Hi Lisa! I’m so excited to work with Ashley!! we’ll have to FedEx you some goodies :)

2. Ooooh this is so exciting!!!!!! Yay!

3. I’m with Kayle…this is so exciting and awesome!! =D

4. Nice to meet you, Ashley. I look forward to your contributions!

5. I’ve been toying around with the idea of adding an RD to my site, too, so I can’t wait to see how this works for you!

6. I look forward to this new direction with your blog!

7. Anything and everything you can teach me will be great! I’m very excited to follow this new and improved change!!

8. Fantastic news. How exciting. Hi Ashley!

9. Ashley McGinn says:

I’m so excited to be a part of this! Hi Everyone :)

10. What a great idea!! This recipe looks delish girl!

11. Your new collaboration sounds great – good for you! These brownies sound and look delicious – will have to try! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! I loved these :) I’m a huge brownie girl so I loved the rich chocolate and raspberry together!

12. I am so so happy for you my friend, congrats congrats :D :D
    I cannot wait to see her contributions!
    Also thanks for sharing this contribution of your own – gorgeous as always!

CCU

13. What an awesome new segment! Can’t wait to see what you gals come up with first =)

14. What great news for both of you, the new changes to your blog. I am looking forward to reading the posts and learning a lot.

Thanks Becky! I think it’ll be a really fun new segment, I can’t wait to get it started! :)

15. Thats awesome! And love this recipe!

16. How exciting!!!

And these brownies??? To die for!!!

Thanks Jen!! I loveeee these brownies :) I’m making them again this weekend for a dinner party (only minus the raspberry), I’m obsessed!

17. Awesome brownies! I look forward to reading more about Ashley as well.

Thanks Dara! I’m so excited to share more about Ashely, I’m planning the first new post right now, can’t wait to share it with you!

18. Peter @Feed Your Soul says:

love these 2 flavors together. looks really good.

19. Congrats on your exciting adventures to come!!

20. Jake riverson says:

These look delicious!!! They remind me of a Brigadeiros omg lol Whoever loves these must check this site out http://www.brigadeiropalace.com . If only they made a flavor exactly like this. That would be classiccccc!!

21. Great news! I cannot wait to see how this develops. And that brownie looks ah-maz-ing!

Me too! I’m so excited to see where this takes me, I’ve been wanting to do something like this for a while so I can’t wait to start! Cooking up my first new post tonight :)

22. Congrats! This sounds awesome and I know I will love hearing more about healthy eats from Ashley. Hearing the benefits just makes eating delicious foods that much better! These brownies sound delicious! I love chocolate and raspberries together!

Agreed! I’m really excited about sharing more with Ashley, I think this should be really fun! And the chocolate and raspberry is addicting :)

23. Ohhh..this is what you meant by blonder. LOL I thought it was in relation to the blog layout. Silly me…

BUT YAY!! I can`t wait to see what you girls come up with! ♥
    These brownies sound amazing!! double chocolate and raspberry = win!

Hahah yup :) No way, re-designing the blog once was enough for me! It should be so fun with Ashley, I can’t wait to come up with new posts for you guys!!

24. Such exciting news!! Congrats to you and Ashley on your new partnership. I’m definitely looking forward to what the two of you come up with together!

Thanks Kelsey! Me too! I’ve been having so much fun planning out the next couple weeks of posts :) Can’t wait to share!

25. Such a good idea! this looks amazing!

26. This sounds awesome! I can’t wait to see what you do with it :) And the brownies of course looks wonderful, yuM!

Me too! I’ve planning out the next few posts like crazy, I can’t wait to share! And thanks about the brownies :) You can never go wrong with brownies!

27. such exciting news! and omg these brownies look amazing!

Thanks! LOVED these brownies, I just made them again – only without the jam, and they were still awesome, I’m a big chocolate girl, Surprise.. surprise…. :)

28. What a great idea! The brownies look great, too. Welcome, Ashley :)

Thanks Vanessa! I’m so excited to get some new posts together with Ashley, I think you’re going to love it! And if you have any ideas for new posts let me know, I’d love to hear what you think!!

29. Kristina, this is exciting news. I can’t wait to watch this excitement unravel into some delicious food. I have an entire list of things that I’d like to see lightened up. I usually crave classic chocolate chip cookies, so that is on the top of my lightened up list.

Oooo I already have the perfect recipe for you then! I will make a “Jennie” post for you :) And keep the list coming, I’d love to hear your ideas!!

30. Mmmmm….yummy brownies for your celebration! I’m looking forward to your collaboration with Ashley…great idea!

Thanks Liz! Me too :) We’re having so much fun planning out the next couple weeks, I can’t wait to share everything with you guys!

31. oh how fun Kristina!!! :) What a great addition. And I love these brownies :)

32. This cake looks so deliciousssss. I love raspberry anything!! One of the best places I ever came in contact with that has the best Raspberry/chocolate combination is a place called Brigadeiro Palace. You guys have to try our their treat called the Batberryan(cool name for raspberry). They also have 30 plus flavors lol Heres the link http://brigadeiropalace.com/

1. [...] Follow this link: Double Chocolate Raspberry Brownies and My Big News! [...]