Happy Hump Day!
Like my pic? I was trying to get all “Instagram” artsy with my photo editor last night – all of this blogging has made me seriously realize just how techno challenged I really am. I need a “Make Pretty” button! Where’s that button Apple??
Today’s post is going to be short and sweet! There’s not much more to say other than these little wraps have gotten me through Sunday’s dinner… Monday’s dinner… and if soggy lettuce didn’t gross me out so much I’d be all over these again tonight! That’s how much I love this caesar dressing. It’s low cal (26 calories per tablespoon!), dairy-free, and ridiculously easy. Thank you Cooking Light!
Paired with some pan-grilled chicken, chopped tomatoes (from my garden!), and crunchy romaine – these whole grain wraps are weeknight dinner perfect. Cook up your chicken tonight and mix your dressing – and you have dinner for the next 2 nights. Wrap tonight? Salad tomorrow? Throw in some cucumbers, olives, or parmesan too if you like!
You can make the salad dressing up to 3 days in advance, kept in the refrigerator; and the chicken the night before. Toss together for a quick make-ahead meal!
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup plain soy yogurt (or fat-free regular)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
For the Wrap:
- 4 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cooking Spray
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups romaine
- 4 whole wheat wraps
- Combine garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Season with chicken.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Cook chicken for about 8 minutes; 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan. Chop into medium chunks.
- In large bowl combine chopped chicken, romaine, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of dressing (save remaining dressing for tomorrow night’s dinner!) and evenly distribute salad among 4 wraps.
Caesar Dressing Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Magazine
AND.. what you’ve all been waiting for!
The FOUR Winners of my $15 Gift Certificates to Panera Bread are…..
1. Kelsey Spencer
3. Kim W.
I generated the winners of this giveaway using random.org. Each of your comments were assigned a specific number and using random.org I was given 4 completely random numbers; each corresponding to one participant.
If your name is listed above please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and address so I can hurry up and send you your prizes!!
Thanks to all of you for entering, if you didn’t win this time stay – tuned for my next Giveaway… plenty more chances to win lots of fun stuff!