Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Cups

I am in the middle of a very bad break-up.

Like threw out all his stuff. Said some things I didn’t mean… I know its just a fight but what if this is forever??

Call me? Maybe….

Gluten.

Without getting into all of the glamourous details of my GI tract – I’ve had a long history (like elementary school) with tummy troubles. Cutting out dairy helped a bit but its still been pretty bad. So after my last visit to the doctor she thinks that gluten might be the main culprit. Bummerrrrrr

So for the next 2 weeks I’m on a G-Free diet! Which is actually going pretty well, there’s an awesome variety of GF foods around now, and they’re all super accessible by me. I”m pretty excited to see if this helps so fingers crossed!

So while gluten and me are on a serious break - of course I ran back to my first boyfriend. Peanut butter. I mean have you not seen My Best Friend’s Wedding??? That’s just how these things work. Only I guess not for Julia Roberts. Horrible example.

But these little Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Cups are addicting.

I need to get them out of my fridge so I stop eating them! Reese’s cups are my obsessively favorite candy… and these babies are like if Reese’s and Perfection had babies.

The peanut butter Rice Krispie center takes these peanut butter cups over the top. Plus there’s zero cooking involved – just need a microwave and a jar of peanut butter ladies and gents!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and find some time to enjoy your favorite sweets! Which better be these pb cups…. :)

Nutrition Information (per cup); Calories: 142, Fat: 9 grams, Protein: 2 grams

Comments

1. WHAAAAA???! Peanut Butter is my boyfriend! He said I was the only one! What a two-timer *sob*

…but…I can’t help but to still love him.

:P

hehe.

Poor GF baby! It’s true though, luckily there are a lot of options. And these pb cups look so soo soooo good. I would like some, please :D

hahah UGH. I would but my little brother ate the last one last night.

If you want to get in a fight with me, eat the last peanut butter cup. I was not happy.

its a good thing he leaves for college next week, I’ll let it slide this one time….. :)

• Ahahhaaaaaaaaa

bad brother!!!

My little bro did that to me when I was home. I made him my browned butter dark choc & marshmallow cookies and he ate like 98% of them, and when there was 1 left I told him to leave it for me…and of course…he did not. *sigh* lol.

2. Yep. My fate was sealed when I was about 4 or 5, my Dad took me to Baskin Robbins and ordered me a peanut butter and chocolate ice cream cone. Ever since then, I’ve been hooked. I’ll have to try these…

Haha yum!! That sounds sooo good, I used to get Gold Medal Ribbon at Baskin Robbins, the one with the caramel and chocolate? My favorite!

3. Chocolate, Peanut Butter and I have had a long relationship. It goes back to me dipping a spoon into the peanut butter jar, then placing chocolate chips onto the spoon. :-)

I hope your G-free diet works and you start feeling better.

Back to your recipe, love the addition of the crispy rice, it’s adding the crunch for people who aren’t crunchy pb fans!

haha! That’s so funny that you said that – my brother was just making me fun of me yesterday for spooning peanut butter from the jar :) My favorite is to spoon the pb out with a pretzel and then put an M&M on top, I swear by that combo!

4. I am sorry to hear about your fight with gluten! But these sound wonderful. I was wondering if you would like to submit them to my pb + choc recipe roundup I am having tomorrow? You can submit up to two! http://www.thespiffycookie.com/2012/08/18/calling-all-peanut-butter-chocolate-recipes/

Loved the round-up Erin!! As you already know :) I made peanut butter brownies last night…. you’re not helping me get over my pb obsession!

5. I couldn’t live without peanut butter. I have it with apples when I need a healthy snack. These look amazing my dear!

Same here! I still eat it with celery and raisins (ants on a log) like I’m 5 years old…. its still just as good as it was then :)

6. Aww…i`m so sorry about your break from gluten!

& this is AMAZINGGGG. Love how you added the rice cereal! :D

Thanks Lynna!! The crunchy center was my favorite part :) I love the added texture! Hope you’re having a fabulous weekend!

7. Ok, when you figure this GF baking thing out, we have to discuss it. I’m afraid to try it because I like knowing that if I use this amount of wheat flour in this way I will get these results! Basically…i’m scared of baking failure. It’s true.

Ah best of luck figuring out the tummy issues. If you ever need a tummy trouble person to commiserate with…you know where to find me. xoxo

Haha okkk…. well so for I”m one big GF baking failure! Its such a touchy type of baking, it has to be super precise. I just made these nasty… flat… kind of bubbly (weird? I know) cookies. Experimenting again today!

And haha yes. Can we please commiserate over dinner at Cheesecake again??

8. Oh i love the idea of adding rice cereal to the peanut. i know these would be amazing! i hope all works out with the GF test period.

Thanks Emily :) And yes, I love the added crunch from the rice cereal too! I’ll definitely be doing that again!

9. I love how you’re totally looking on the bright side of things! Peanut butter would be my go-to food in any time of need also. These cups look amazing!

Aw thanks Joanne! If anything going GF is getting me to eat healthier, I’m usually so lazy come dinner time that I just make a quick sandwich, this is actually forcing me to cook every night! haha Hope you’re having a great weekend!

10. oh my gosh, this sounds absolutely amazing – i need to make these for me and my little guy!

11. I wrote a post on Chocolate Heartache Cake a while back – no flour, no butter, and it their place… *drumroll* EGGPLANT!!! Seriously the best cake ever. Off the top of my head the rest of the ingredients were almond meal, eggs, honey and chocolate. Gluten Free Heaven.

Really?? I ‘ve never heard of eggplant! Thats so interesting, I’m seriously curious about your recipe now! Did you post it? I just took a quick look and didn’t see it?

12. There little cups look absolutely delicious my friend, I would consider them kind of healthy :D

13. I’m trying to imagine a life without peanut butter and no I just cant. These pb cups are too cute and so so decadent.

14. OK, I’m highly in favor of the words peanut butter, chocolate and crispy so who needs gluten. It sounds like he’s been a lousy boyfriend, anyway. :) I don’t have any…um…boyfriend problems but we stopped into a gluten free bakery while we were in Portland, ME last week because they had an iced coffee special Brian couldn’t resist. While we were there we saw a chocolate and peanut butter creation that we had to try and it was beyond good. Like we sat there on a bench by the harbor and just got gooey chocolate and peanut butter all over ourselves until every last bite was gone good! :)

hahah! I can totally picture that :) And don’t judge at all – that would so be me too… I think its just actually impossible for peanut butter and chocolate not to be good together? Its just a fact. :)

15. Oh yum!!! Yes please!!

16. Good luck with your breakup! Gluten is a bastard. These PB cups look tasty and simple.

It is! We’re having a seriously rocky relationship right now… and thanks! Loved how simple these were too, pb and chocolate were just meant for each other :)

17. These are so cute! PB is a much better boyfriend anyways :)

18. It doesn’t get any better than peanut butter and chocolate, except you added krispies, so I suppose it does get better. Yeah, I’d have to get rid of them if they were in my fridge, too. I’m weak.

Good luck with the tummy troubles.

Thanks Jennie :) Haha and same… I kept pawning them off on my brothers so I’d stop eating them. It was a serious problem. I have zero willpower around pb and chocolate.

19. Kristina,

Sorry about you break up over gluten. These Chocolate PB Crispy Cups are amazing, so hopefully you won’t miss your boyfriend!. I could eat a couple of these right now. Got to make these for sure!

20. I love me some peanut butter and chocolate! It would be dangerous if I made these. I’m pretty sure I’m in love with this recipe. Don’t hate me if I proposition your boyfriend for a weekend fling.. :P

21. Like they say, the first love is always the strongest…

22. I hope the gluten free diet helps your tummy issues! I’m so glad you can still share some decadent treats with us without cheating :) These would not last long in my presence.

Haha thanks Liz! Good but kinda bad news? My tummy troubles are still here… which is a pain but also really happy because I don’t think gluten and me need to be broken up much longer! Have been seriously missing my carbs!

23. These look super yummy, but are only gluten-free if you use brown rice Rice Krispies or a GF rice cereal. “Regular” Rice Krispies have gluten in them. :)

I am definitely going to try these… soon!

Shoot! Thanks Dee :) I looked it up on the Rice Krispies website and it listed it as having “no allergens” ? Its been difficult trying to navigate labels!

24. Glad your GF adventure has been going well, and how could it not with delicious treats like these! I might have to whip up a batch this weekend! Yum!

25. These look yummy! I am going to try these soon!
    Just to second the comment above, if you are going to say these are gluten-free, you need to change your recipe to specify gluten-free Rice Krispies. They do make those, so as long as people buy those, these are gluten-free. Regular Rice Krispies contain malt, which is made from barley. Gluten is found in wheat, barley and rye. It is so nice to have gluten-free Rice Krispies now for those of us that want to bake and make treats like these with them!
    Again, thanks for sharing the recipe! If you need any info on eating gluten-free let me know. I can help you navigate ingredients and also testing for Celiac Disease, which could be the cause of your tummy troubles.

1. [...] Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Cups – Whipped [...]