Creamy Tomato Basil Soup

There is something so comfortably satisfying about a big warm bowl of creamy tomato soup on a lazy Sunday.

I have a presentation at my old high school this week and I think all the preparation has got me seriously nostalgic for some of my childhood favorites – Tomato Soup. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. White Keds. And my Malibu Barbie with…Gymanstic Barbie’s head. I was just as OCD efficient at 5 yrs old as I am now. I didn’t want to take the time to change Barbie’s clothes.. so I would change their heads. Either super smart or…just creepy.

hahaha

But either way I am so excited to have been invited back to my old high school to give a presentation about my blog and a cooking demonstration with Ashley on Wednesday! We’re going to be teaching the kids all about nutrition and  healthy cooking with a live demo of my Buffalo Chicken Chili. Absolutely cannot wait! Will definitely be posting all about it later this week with a YouTube video of our presentation and lots of pics. So lets hope nothing burns, spills, or explodes…woo!

So back to this delicious velvety smooth tomato basil soup recipe. Start to finish – you can have this soup on the table in 30 minutes! Its so easy and so addictively good, the perfect balance of flavors with the savory creamy tomato soup and bright basil. Plus this is low cal. Super low cal guys. It might be creamy but you won’t find any cream in this recipe thanks to low-fat yogurt and almond milk.

So enjoy! And get a little nostalgic with a warm cup of my tomato soup, a good book – and then be seriously grateful none of us have braces anymore… :)

Nutrition Information (per serving); Calories: 135, Fat: 5 grams

Comments

1. Tomato soup like this is probably my favorite soup. Perfect for a cold afternoon. Have fun on Wednesday. I would be so happy if I got to hear a presentation on blogs and food. Lucky kids!

Thanks Emily! It was SO fun :) The presentation went great! And gave me the best excuse to bake 100 brownies… love leftovers… :)

2. KRISTINA! That’s so exciting! How cool that you get to go back and teach those high schoolers a thing or two!

Also-this soup. Sooo classic but like special and wonderful and I love it. I love you.

3. oh wow that sounds like a great thing that you’re going to be doing at your old high school. And this Tomato Soup looks wonderful! It would totally be perfect with a Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

4. Yes please!!! This looks AMAZING!!!!!

XO

5. Mmm tomato soup is my favourite! Perfect time of year for soup too!

6. This looks incredible!! Tomato Basil has always been one of my favorite soups… definitely going to have to pin this :)

7. Erika Jones says:

I am SO thrilled to have you coming in this week! My students are going to learn SO much from you girls!! I can’t wait! And I’m going to have to try this tomato soup soon… looks AMAZING!!!

Ashley and I are so excited for tomorrow!! She came over last night and we practiced the demo together :) This is going to be SO much fun! Thanks again for inviting us!! See you in the morning!

8. This is seriously one of my most favorite thing to have on a Fall day. SO good!

9. I love tomato soup! It is so comforting, and with grilled cheese is even better! Good luck on your presentation!

10. This sound perfect for the cold days we’ve been having lately – my kids love cream(less) tomato soup.

11. This soup looks so good! perfect for right now

12. I’m fairly certain that if I gave a presentation at my old HS, they’d all stare at me like I was a crazy person (because I am). I am also fairly certain that you, on the other hand, did (will do?) a fantastic job. :-)

And I really want that soup and grilled cheese. NOWWWW

hahaha! They would not! And it was SO much fun! The kids were amazing, I’ll post pics in a week or so (gotta get parent permission slips!). But the demo went super smooth, that’s what I was most nervous about :)

13. I’ve tried adding a bit of yogurt to my tomato soup for creaminess, and I love it. Great recipe! :)

I’d never done it before this soup, it really works SO well! Super creamy, I’m going to try it w/a few other soups now too :)

14. This looks so soothing on a chilly day like today. Soul food for sure!

15. I am so excited for you! What a wonderful opportunity to share your expertise. Great soup too

16. Such a comforting and delicious soup :)

17. gorgeous soup! now i’m totally craving grilled cheese and tomato soup!

18. Tomato basil soup has been a family favorite ever since we had it at a local cafe. This looks delicious with toasted cheese for dunking. I hope you enjoyed your presentation!

19. I made this soup this past week and it was AMAZING! Going to feature it in my own blog this coming week, and I will be sure to give you credit :)

Aw thanks! So happy you enjoyed my soup!! Will definitely be looking for your post :) Hope you’re having a great weekend!

1. [...] recipe from Whipped. Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like [...]