O-MY-Goodness. Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away guys! I swear last week was September.
Now I know when we think of Thanksgiving we usually think pumpkin pie… creamy mashed potatoes… stuffing (my favorite!) and any other kind of vegetable with can sautee in butter and bake in cream. Sweet potato casserole! Ugh. Yum.
But there is something so comforting and irresistible about simple roasted vegetables with turkey dinner. Its like when fancy french restaurants give you that minty ice-cream in between courses to ‘cleanse your palate’? But the minty ice cream is really the best part?? In between all those heavy Thanksgiving dishes its so nice to have a lighter healthy veggie side.
So while I was trying to figure out how to kick off my Thanksgiving recipes on the blog, I couldn’t see any better way than with the most classic and foolproof Thanksgiving recipe – Simple Balsamic Roasted Vegetables. Start to finish these veggies can be on the table in 35 minutes. And 25 of those minutes are you flipping through magazines (or sprinting around the kitchen on turkey day) while they roast in the oven.
The balsamic flavor is not overwhelming – this dish is really about letting the fresh vegetables shine. The vinegar offers a nice tangy note to the sweet carrots, sweet potatoes, and savory parsnips. Make sure to cut all your vegetables evenly to ensure they all cook at the same time. You don’t want burnt carrots and raw sweet potatoes!
$30 Frigidaire Gift Code Giveaway!!
So to help kickoff the official start of Holiday recipes I am also doing a Frigidaire Giveaway Today (November 10th) through Friday, November 16th!!
The fabulous people of Frigidaire have given me one $30 Gift Code to giveaway towards any of their products! And we all know cooking and bakeware is essential to the holidays! If you want to check out the cool stuff you can buy check out their website here: http://www.frigidaire-store.com/
How Do You Enter the Giveaway?
To win you must do all three:
1. Like me on Facebook here: Whipped
2. Follow me on Twitter at : @WhippedBaking
3. Comment below with your favorite Thanksgiving side dish!
I will announce the winners on Sunday, November 18th!
Yields 8 servings
- 1 lb carrots, peeled
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop carrots, parsnips, and sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks.
- Divide chopped vegetables among 2 baking sheets in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic, thyme, salt, and pepper; toss well.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until vegetables are tender, tossing once halfway through the baking time with a spatula.
- Serve immediately.