So to keep the cookie love going this week I just couldn’t resist baking something with my two favorite things in the whole wide world.
…And I don’t mean finding my favorite boots on sale at Jcrew this week (because I did!! Sorry credit card…)
…Not even the second season of Homeland. Obsessed.
….OR my car seat warmers…when its 10 degrees in Chicago (gasp!).. combined!
I’m talking Peanut Butter.
These little dreamboats are addicting! Soft fluffy peanut butter cookies with creamy Nutella centers…Mmm.. mm! Plus they’re easy. Stupid easy. Just the way I like it :)
And… to really keep the cookie love going…!
In honor of Kristina & Kayle’s Christmas Cookie Exchange we are hosting a
Silpat Baking Mat GIVEAWAY!
If you don’t know what these are you are seriously missing out! These are the absolute best non-stick silicone baking mats. I’ve been using these for the past couple years and I am in love. Nothing sticks to these, and I mean nothing!
Burnt cookies? Caramel? Toffee? Your kids latest craft protect…? Slides right off.
So needless to say I am in love with these things and SO excited to be able to give one away!
To enter for a chance to win just follow the directions on the Rafflecopter widget at the bottom of my post. On December 16th we will announce the winner of the Giveaway as well as the winner of the Cookie Exchange Contest. So if you haven’t gotten a chance to link up your Best Cookie Recipe to our Cookie Exchange yet, make you sure you do before Dec. 13th when voting begins! To link up, click these link here.
Peanut Butter Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
Yields 40 cookies
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (Skippy’s my favorite!)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat peanut butter and butter with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugars, and beat until pale and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and beat until incorporated. Reduce speed to low. Add dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Scoop level tablespoons of dough, and form into balls, place onto parchment-lined baking sheets (or use your new Silpat baking mat :), spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are puffy, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and make indentations in centers by pressing with the handle end of a wooden spoon. Return to oven, and bake until edges are golden, 6 to 7 minutes more. Transfer sheets to wire racks, and let cool completely.
- Spoon Nutella into a pastry bag fitted with a round tip and gently pipe a little less than 1/4 tsp Nutella into each indentation.