Chicken and Roasted Tomato Sandwich with Mozzarella

So bare with me on this post everyone!

Remember last Friday’s post? My Quinoa Salad with Roasted Tomatoes?? I was trying to be all organized (for once) and coordinate recipes to show you how to rollover my Roasted Tomatoes into two recipes….

Aka..show you how to use Friday’s post to make an easy dinner on Sunday.

But… the Golden Globes were on… and Revenge… and Downton Abbey…so there was literally no time to do anything productive with my life besides rot on my couch with a glass of wine. So lets pretend like today is Sunday! (I’m not kidding, I’m going to type like today is Sunday :)

So! Back to the Roasted Tomatoes. How do we use our extra tomatoes from my Quinoa Salad to work again for another dish..? We layer them in a deliciously stuffed chicken sandwich with melty mozzarella, garlicky mayo, and spinach tossed in a light balsamic vinaigrette!

This sandwich is fabulous! It’s a slight variation on a family favorite recipe from Cooking Light Magazine. Since we found their recipe last year we’ve made it a bazillion times for casual get togethers and weeknight dinners.. SO yummy.

Hearty Minestrone Soup - click here for recipe!

So remember its Sunday, right?… we are going to use our leftover Roasted Tomatoes for these Chicken Sandwiches.. AND we’re going to make a quick pot of soup. Because soup and a sandwich is one of my very favorite combos :)

Soup Sunday is your secret weapon for quick and easy dinners for the rest of the week. I love making a big pot of minestrone on Sunday so I don’t have to worry about running home and making dinner for the beginning of the week. You can even freeze the soup too – up to 2 months, perfect for microwaving later in the month for a quick dinner!

Haha ok sorry if this blog post just read a little spastic! I ditched Sunday night’s wine for Tuesday morning pot of coffee :) Have a wonderful week everyone!

Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Magazine

Nutrition Information (per sandwich); Calories: 426, Fat: 11 grams

Comments

1. I do love a soup and sandwich combo! And that’s a great idea to make soup on sunday for the rest of the week – the weather isn’t getting any warmer and soup is going to be my best friend til at least March :D

Haha same here :) I looked at the weather this morning and it literally said “Frigid” over next Monday and Tuesday…haha

2. I do this all the time!!! I love making soups… I usually freeze half a batch and the rest I immediately transfer in ziplock containers for the week. That minestrone looks so yum!

Isn’t it so nice to already have dinner done for the rest of the week?? Soups usually freeze so well too! The only problem I had was with one with chopped butternut squash, the squash got pretty mushy, but everything else was fabulous!

3. Becky @ Olives n Wine says:

This looks delicious! And you just HAD to post it right before lunch ;) I was also a bum with a glass of wine on Sunday! Somedays it just can’t be helped :)

Hahaha sorry for making you hungry :) And happy to hear I wasn’t the only bum on Sunday! isn’t that weekends are for anyways??

4. Now THATS a sandwich! Roasting tomatoes is one of my new favourite things, I can’t believe I haven’t tried putting them in a sandwich yet!

Thanks Jeff! If you’re a tomato person you would love this! Probably don’t even need the chicken :)

5. Looks AMAZING!!!

6. Oh good it’s Sunday. I can watch Once Upon A Time again! And ooh a new episode of Girls! I like this. :D

I also loooooove this sandwich. This is exactly my kinda sammich!

Noooo! I didn’t know Girls started again!! Need to search through my OnDemand tonight.. lovee that show!

7. Girls is so good! This is such a great TV watching food. Easy and quick so I don’t miss any of the action.

8. I love the roasted tomatoes in here. This looks great!

9. I love this..both Sandwich and soup look very delicious and comforting!

10. The thick bread, the generous filling – a perfect sandwich :D

11. so this is my go to sandwich when I go to sandwich places…I prob should just try your recipe next time I get a craving :)

12. This salad looks fabulous, and so do those roasted tomatoes. Yum!