So today’s recipe is kind of AWESOME. I’m so excited about this one guys!
Like the kind of awesome that lets you eat cool creamy peanut butter banana ice cream in less than 3 minutes….For 100 calories per serving. With no dairy. Totally vegan. No added sugar. And tastes AMAZING.
Pretty much kicks butt.
I was kind of embarrassingly inspired by that Yonanas banana ice cream maker… you know what I’m talking about?? I have this problem with informercials…I believe them. Allllll of them. Bought the Abtronic in high school (Ha! I really hope none of you know what that is)… beside the point…but basically became obsessed with the idea that you can make creamy ice cream out of frozen bananas and knew I had to come up my own version.
By blending frozen bananas with a little almond milk you can create a fabulously creamy and smooth ice cream base. From there you can add whatever you want – peanut butter, cocoa, chocolate chips, frozen strawberries. I can never get enough of peanut butter and chocolate so I added a spoonful of smooth peanut butter and topped with mini vegan chocolate chips. Plus, no ice cream maker needed!
I love this as a guilt-free treat at the end of the day, but this can also be a great healthy afternoon snack for kids. Make a big batch and keep it in the freezer… even sprinkle in protein powder for a power snack.
Happy Friday everyone, have great weekends!!
Blender Banana “Ice Cream”
Bananas can be sliced and frozen for up to a month in the freezer.
Yields 5 servings
- 2 large frozen bananas (sliced into thin rounds before frozen)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons mini vegan chocolate chips
- Combine frozen bananas, almond milk, vanilla, and peanut butter in a food processor or blender. Pulse until the mixture is smooth and resembles the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Divide among 4 bowls and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Serve immediately.